Beaumont Residential Care Coronavirus Update 11 March 2020
11th March 2020: Following a review of the latest Coronavirus information and expert advice, Beaumont Residential Care has decided to maintain its current policy of curtailing non-essential visits to the home. As evidenced from other jurisdictions, nursing home residents are particularly vulnerable to this virus and, while accepting this can be stressful for residents and their families, we firmly believe this is the correct course of action.
Importantly, we remind families/friends:
• not to visit the home if you have recently visited an affected area, or have had any direct or indirect contact with infected persons in Ireland. If in doubt please speak to our senior nursing staff.
• not to visit the home if you have any symptoms of respiratory infection (fever, cough, shortness of breath)
• where a visit is deemed “essential” by our nursing staff, the same person should visit i.e., not seven different people weekly (in order minimise the risk of spread)
• to please sign in and out at Reception. This is important should the authorities need to identify possible contacts in the event of an outbreak.
• to at all times disinfect well on entry and follow recommended hygiene practices.
• if at all possible, to meet residents in their bedrooms and limit travelling around the home.
Thank you for your patience and understanding with the above and we will of course continue to keep you up to date should the situation change.